Minutes WLHO- 5.23.22 - WLHO- Westlake Homeowners Association

Go to content

Main menu:

Minutes WLHO- 5.23.22


Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Board of Directors of
Westlake Homeowners Association
May 23, 2022 at 6:30 p.m. - by phone

Board members in attendance:  Fritz Gerwe, Chris Heuer, Rolland Royce, Lev Volod, and Bill Scharwatt.   Tom Berridge, Open Space Coordinator, was also present.  Fritz called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m.  

Minutes of the April 12, 2022 annual meeting – approved as submitted.  

Open Space Report.  Tom presented an update on the open space restoration project, including a new grant application being submitted to the City by Jack Halsey of the Oswego Lake Watershed Council, which will support the restoration of Tract B and C, as well as continuing maintenance in Tract A.  Our HOA will support this grant by contributing $5,600, as included in our 2022 Budget.  

Treasurer’s report.  Rolland reviewed the April 2022 financials, cash disbursements ledger, and water billing detail.  As of this date, 282 out of 293 homeowners have paid their 2022 dues, with receipt of prior year’s dues from seven homeowners noted.  The list of past due accounts was reviewed in detail.    

Architectural Design Review Committee and common area maintenance.    
A request for exterior paint on an Clairmont Circle – approved.
A request for exterior paint on Camden Lane – approved.
A request for exterior paint on Charles Circle – approved.
A request from Westlake Meadows Apartments for new carport roofs – approved.

Backyard fence damage caused by our contractor:  Remains unresolved despite several efforts by Fritz.  Rolland will prepare a letter outlining our final offer for review by the board.  

Issues raised at the March 2022 annual meeting:  The board will be following up on these during the next two months:
Asphalt path on west side of Westlake Dr north of Amberwood Circle
Street parking, including nose-in parking in cul-de-sacs
Crossing protection at the two intersections of Westlake Dr. and Amberwood Circle

Yard maintenance policy:  Rolland will prepare a draft for review at the June meeting, which will be used for communications with homeowners whose yards are deemed untidy.

Bushes on Westlake Drive blocking view leading to Kruse Way intersection:  Fritz will contact Buel’s.  

Reserve study:  Rolland will coordinate an update of this required study.

Upcoming meetings.   
June 21, Tuesday, at 6:30 p.m.
July 18, Monday, at 6:30 p.m.
August 22, Monday, at 6:30 p.m.
September 19, Monday, at 6:30 p.m.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:30 p.m.

Back to content | Back to main menu